The UNKPA webpage is down at the
moment but this page will give you some information.
The United Norwich Kidney Patients Association
(UNKPA) was registered as a charity in 1980, when Norwich had the
only renal unit in this area of East Anglia. Membership now
includes all renal patients from Norfolk and the Waveney District
of Suffolk (not just those on dialysis), families and friends
wherever they might live.
The UNKPA constitution states: The object of the association shall
be to relieve in cases of need people experiencing kidney disease,
by providing services or facilities which are calculated to assist
such persons. In furtherance of the above object the association
1. Support patients and their families where
2. Assist in promoting self-help groups.
3. Raise funds and invite and receive
contributions from any persons by way of subscriptions, donations,
and otherwise (but not by trade).
What we do depends on you.
There are various activities undertaken by UNKPA which can be
added whenever members are prepared to help and funds permit. At
the present time we try to:
• Produce a quarterly newsletter.
• Organise an annual party.
• Represent the views of renal patients on
issues which are of concern to them.
• Organise excursions / holidays.
• Provide equipment and comforts for general by
patients, which are not supplied by the NHS.
• 200 Club lottery each month.
• Liaise with the consultant nephrologists at
the Norfolk & Norwich NHS Trust and the James Paget Hospital.